A Turn On The Radiance Rose
You are cordially invited to a Seance held by Rudolpho the Great and Powerful and the Famed Spiritualist Eleanor Van Klief. The Gates Between the Worlds will open in the Radiance Rose Pullman dining car of the Union Pacific train, New York to Chicago at 7pm sharp. Boarding is at Grand Central disembark at Union Station.
The spiritualist Eleanor Van Klief is a medium of significant ability, her skills coaxed and grown by The Great Rudolpho. Aided by their assistant Ivy Day, they have amazed crowds from Coast to Coast, and in the great capitals of Europe. The brilliant venture capitalist Maximillian Nelson will be in attendance, as well as New York Senator Benedict Benson and his sweet daughter Annabelle. Traveling onboard is daring archeologist Hugh Sheppard, vocal cynic Valentine Fairhurst, social rebel Clara Van Klief and her new fiancé the talented actor Christian Peters.
A Turn on the Radiance Rose is a game of secrets and seances set in 1928, a time when anything seemed possible. The Great War was over, Orientalism was all the rage, and no-one could foresee the great catastrophes that lay just ahead.
The game is designed to run in low lighting with the seance in very low lighting. We will do our best to make accommodations for any player issues with low lighting that arise.
Character sheets and world information sheets will be a maximum of about 6-8 pages.
NOTE: This is a game about people living in an uncertain world, not about tentacled horrors.
You can contact the GM using this address: valleyviolet (at) gmail (dot) com
Credits & Contact
- Written by
- Steve Vig, Eva Schiffer, Kristen Pierson, Sue L., Doug Freedman
- Eva Schiffer
- Peaky Midwest
- Saturday, September 15, 2:00 pm
- Suite C
- 3 hours
- 10 [4 female, 5 male, 1 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- Physical Requirements
- Content Warnings
- The backstory for this game includes the recent death of an NPC parent/spouse. There are some consensual but socially awkward sexual relationships in character backstories (primarily adultery). We do not recommend this game for children under the age of 18 because of this.
- Physical Contact Rules
- This larp allows casual, non-sexual touch such as handshakes or patting someone on the back without obtaining explicit consent. Opportunity will be provided at the beginning of the larp for players to express that they do not wish to be touched by other players.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.
- Food in use