Adrift on a Starry Sky
A military coup has taken control of The United Earth Concord, the government for the Earth and the few thousands on outposts and stations elsewhere in the Solar System. Those of you onboard the Alexandria are declared enemies of the planet, some more by accident and circumstance than design.
Adrift on the Starry Sky is a serious scene game with science fiction themes for seven players. This is a LARP that explores what it means to be human, the limits of endurance, and the human will. As a result of generation ship-style technology, characters will change as they progress through several scenes. Some characters will die during the voyage; those players will be given new characters born along the way.
Adrift on the Starry Sky was designed and written in just over 24 hours, at the 2016 New England LARP Conference (NELCO), by Jeff Diewald, Tim Lasko, Theresa Sullivan, and Gaylord Tang.
- Saturday, September 15, 9:00 am
- Suite B
- 3 hours
- 7 [0 female, 0 male, 7 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- 16+ allowed with parent and GM approval
- Physical Requirements
- Standing for long periods, Sitting for long periods, Vision, The next scene played is read during the course of the game.
- Content Warnings
- This LARP deals with difficult choices, loss and rebirth, mental illness, physical limits, pregnancy, racism, societal failure, strong family themes, same-sex relationships, termination of pregnancy, and violent death of a parent.
- Physical Contact Rules
- This game will be using the Be-Con default physical contact rules.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.
- Food in use
- No food is used in this game.