The novices are locked in the holiest of holy in Athena’s temple. This final night you will be tested and tempted by the gods themselves. Will you have the faith to turn your back forever on family, love and desire to become an Exalted Virgin Priestess and finally have true power in the world of men? Or will you listen to the sweet temptations of wild Dionysus, the god of ritual madness and fertility, and leave with his free but shunned cultists. Maybe you will reject the gods, returning to your beloved but intensely patriarchal Ancient Arcadian Greece outside the temple walls. Your virginity, your soul, the patronymic name that your father branded into your very skin - you might lose them all tonight.
This larp uses physical space to direct players rather than time-bound act structures - as you walk into the different gods’ areas, their essence will influence your character.
All characters are female. Players of all genders (or none) are equally welcome.
THEMES: Power, lust, love, faith, choice, empowerment (in different ways).
- Saturday, September 15, 2:00 pm
- O'Hare Room
- 4 hours
- 6-18 [6-18 female, 0 male, 0 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- Physical Requirements
- Standing for long periods, Sitting for long periods, Walking, Vision
- Content Warnings
- Depicts the extreme sexist attitudes of the ancient Greek world, and roleplays a particular struggle, and allows the player's choice of failure, to overcome it. Roleplay of enforced chastity, ownership, and voluntary drug use are also elements. At times, roleplay of loss of agency to outside forces (i.e. overcome by religious visions). Workshopping time before the game is dedicated to help establish a safer environment to play with these questions.
- Physical Contact Rules
- This game will be using the Be-Con default physical contact rules.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.
- Food in use
- Yes. Bread, grapes, pears, berries, water and water glasses. Some of these are optional, but are part of ritual behavior representing the various greek gods. By the larp, only grapes and water are "necessary".