You are between 4 and 7 feet in length, possess a head, mantle, eight locomotive limbs and two manipulative tentacles arranged symmetrically around your central axis. You respire through osmotic absorption of oxygen suspended in liquid hydrogen dioxide. You are, in short, a space squid. The evolutionary advantage your species enjoys is that while engaged in mating behaviors using your two tentacles, your ganglia meld with those of your partners, combining your intellect and skills, but also your attitudes and biases. Which is critically important today, because your deep space colonization vessel has broken down. If you can keep the ship habitable, restart the engines, and plot a new course you should be able survive to settle on a planet. If you hope to survive, you will have to work together!
PLAY STYLE: This is a silly puzzle solving game with the theme of being squids searching for happy romantic or familial relationships. It has a light and engaging \'mind-meld\' mechanic where you hold hands with the right combination of characters to solve challenges.
THEMES: hookups, romance, polyamory, puzzle solving, space disaster
PLAYTEST: This game is a late-stage playtest. The mechanics work, it’s fun, and the game is being carefully balanced.
- Saturday, September 15, 10:00 am
- Midway Room
- 2 hours
- 6-24 [0 female, 0 male, 0 player-defined, 6-24 other]
- Age Requirements
- Physical Requirements
- Vision, Hearing, Two hands that can be formed into different shapes, akin to sign language
- Content Warnings
- Metaphorical sex through a hand-holding mechanic (far far less intense than ars amandi), metaphorical flirting through mutual rubbing of backs of hands, hookups and casual encounters, romantic relationships beginning and ending, seeking meaningful relationships and perhaps failing, making bad decisions and living with the consequences.
- Physical Contact Rules
- All touch is negotiated and consensual, just like the default rules. However, touching hands is a core mechanic so each player will need to be willing to touch hands with most other players.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.