The Intrepid Seven
Seven survivors of a crashed space colony ship scavenge the wreckage to build their new society. Fortunately, they have the help of their new spouses: each other.
The Intrepid Seven is a queer science-fiction American freeform game about the first seven days of the creation of new life and civilization by a group of seven survivors. The twist? These seven recently unfrozen colonists have just been placed into a hasty arranged marriage with each other, as is their culture’s custom.
The game explores themes of survival, the awkwardness of new relationships and the excitement that polyamorous newlyweds might feel toward each other as they change the world around them. Players take on the roles of characters socialized in a ritual-based future society very different than our own, and then proceed to play through seven short acts that let them explore their mutual passions for creation and each other.
Tags: Polyamory, Tradition, Ritual, Survival, Passion, Far Future, Ritual sex
Player Type: You enjoy emotional intensity, constructive relationship drama, and openly queer content. You can improvise well.
Credits & Contact
- Written by
- Evan Torner and Jacqueline Bryk
- Laura Boylan and Ashleigh La Porta
- Game Contact
- Saturday, September 15, 2:00 pm
- Suite A
- 4 hours
- 4-7 [0 female, 0 male, 4-7 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- Content Warnings
- This larp contains simulated sex (using ars amandi style mechanics), both ritual and informal, between members of a married septad.
- Physical Contact Rules
- Physical Contact: This larp involves holding hands, and touching of hands/arms to represent sex and other kinds of intimacy (similar to ars amandi). Players will be blind folded and have their arms lightly bound to another person as part of ritual. (They will not need to move while blindfolded, and it will only be for a few minutes at a time.) No kissing or touching below the belt.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.
- Food in use