The Kick Inside
When do we know if the choices we make are the right ones and what should we really do with our lives? The Kick Inside is a scenario about different stages in life and how we cope with changes. Major themes are identity, choices and acceptance. We get to meet four people and follow them through three different stages in life. Three parallel, separate stories, each running through four acts.
This scenario takes place at three different points in the characters' lives simultaneously. At each of these different times the characters are visiting a similar cabin. The game is a continuous scene divided into multiple acts. Each character is played by three different people at different points in the characters' lives. Each area of the playspace represents a specific point in time.
Credits & Contact
- Written by
- Martin Brodén, Kristoffer Lindh
- Tayler Stokes, Katherine Shane
- Game Contact
- Larp House
- Saturday, September 15, 2:00 pm
- Rooms are not yet assigned.
- 4 hours
- 10-12 [0 female, 0 male, 10-12 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- Content Warnings
- Nothing too intense, but this scenario broaches familiar and relatable topics in a down-to-earth way, and this may capitalize on player's pre-existing feelings on those things. Play will include interpersonal tensions regarding envy, romance, unrequited love, depression, personal success, parenthood, aging, drifting apart.
- Physical Contact Rules
- This game will be using the Be-Con default physical contact rules.
- Safety Mechanics
- In addition to the default safety mechanics, ee will be employing signals for "cut" and "brake".
- Food in use