WINTERHORN: the code name of a small but passionate group of “peace and justice” activists. On the surface they project innocent, if misguided, zeal, but you know better. You’ve dealt with groups like this before, and there’s always a dangerous core. Gun-runners. Bomb-makers. People who deserve to be thrown in a dark hole somewhere.
As government agents, your goal is to nudge them into destroying themselves, using every trick in the book – black bag jobs, disinformation, spinning up rival front groups, and even escalating to vandalism and violence when necessary. Your mission, with the full force of the government behind you and time running out, is to get WINTERHORN’s members fighting like rats in a bucket. They need to fall apart before they can hurt anyone, and the state’s hands need to stay clean.
They won’t know what hit them.
WINTERHORN is a live action game for 5-8 players about how governments degrade and destroy activist groups. By playing law enforcement and intelligence operatives working diligently to demoralize and derail, you’ll learn about the techniques used in the real world in pursuit of these goals. By playing WINTERHORN you’ll have a chance to reflect on weak points in your own activism, and think about ways to harden organizations you care about against government intrusion.
Credits & Contact
- Written by
- Jason Morningstar
- Julian Hyde
- Game Contact
- Saturday, September 15, 9:00 am
- Suite A
- 3 hours
- 5-7 [0 female, 0 male, 5-7 player-defined, 0 other]
- Age Requirements
- Content Warnings
- Offscreen violence, abuse of power, and political repression of potentially sympathetic groups and individuals by a fictional government. Over the course of the game, players will have the opportunity to order acts of violence against their targets (all of which are NPCs). Violence doesn't happen to players and isn't committed by players directly, on screen or off. When violence does take place, it's describe in a clinical fashion i.e. "COMET is badly injured with fractured skull and broken ankle, while ATLANTIC suffers minor scrapes and cuts" or "NANTIKOKE was immediately killed, and 146 other shots are fired, all by the People's Police."
- Physical Contact Rules
- This game will be using the Be-Con default physical contact rules.
- Safety Mechanics
- This game will be using the Be-Con default safety mechanics.
- Food in use